You can go green in so many ways; however, when you add a creative twist to being environmentally friendly, it will inspire others to join you. Thinking outside the box is fun and innovative. By remembering the proverb, “another man’s junk is another man’s treasure,” you can breathe life back into products you might have been ready to discard, and find out that they can be used for just about anything!
Here are some ideas:
• Baby food jars are very durable and well sealed, and can be used to hold numerous things such as paint, screws or small nails, craft items, etc.
• Glass jars that hold jams, jellies, peanut butter, pickles and spaghetti sauce are cool substitutes for drinking glasses since they vary in shape and size.
• Cereal boxes make for great file folders. They are fast and easy to make and are fun to look at.
• Unused or unwanted toothbrushes are great cleaning tools! They can reach into the nooks and crannies of stubborn places and don’t take up a lot of storage space.
• Plastic peanut butter jars can hold just about anything, from nails to buttons to coins to keys to common little trinkets around the house.
• Collect your toilet paper rolls and donate them to schools for craft projects.
• Milk jugs can become planters.
• Clean out those plastic pudding cups and use them as food containers for pets.
• Do you have a bagillion of those little bags that come with an extra button on clothing items you have purchased? Put all those buttons in a safe place such as a jar, or string them all together for a trendy and unique necklace.
Be creative while going green and transform everything you have into something useful!